[Haskell-cafe] Package takeover: int-cast

Mikolaj Konarski mikolaj at well-typed.com
Mon May 24 10:57:40 UTC 2021

To whom it may concern,

I'd like to take over package
https://hackage.haskell.org/package/int-cast (I'd maintain it
privately, though I'm subscribed to this mailing list from a company
address).

People have trouble compiling the roguelike game I maintain, because
int-cast is not updated to GHC 9.0.1:

https://github.com/LambdaHack/LambdaHack/issues/250

Also the test suite QuickCheck dependency is outdated.

I've tried contacting the author, but without success.

I'm fine giving the package back once the maintainer re-appears, but
I'd also be honoured to maintain it indefinitely --- it's a splendid
package. I'd also love to share the maintenance burden, mostly to
raise the bus factor, so if anybody would like to get the Hackage
permissions together with me, please let me know.

Cheers,
Mikolaj