[Haskell-cafe] [Ann] A new Haskell crypto lib: Z-Botan 0.1.1

Dong Han winterland1989 at gmail.com
Tue May 11 09:42:59 UTC 2021

Dear Haskellers:

After hundreds of days working. I'm happy to announce that the very first
version of [Z-Botan](http://hackage.haskell.org/package/Z-Botan) is
published, It's a new crypto lib built around the versatile [botan](
http://botan.randombit.net/) C++ crypto lib. Currently, all crypto stuff
exported by Botan FFI is implemented, i.e.:

* Random number generators.
* Block Cipher and symmetric cipher.
* Hash.
* MAC.
* Key derivation functions.
* Password hash.
* Constant time multiple precision integers.
* Public key creation, import and export.
* Public key encryption/decryption
* Diffie-Hellman key exchange.
* Signature generation & signature verification.
* X.509 certificates & X.509 certificate revocation lists.
* One time password.
* AES Key Wrapping
* Format Preserving Encryption.

We will continue to polish this work, e.g. build TLS upon it. If you
have any crypto usage, please give it a try. as usual, we wish you happy
hacking!

Cheers~
Dong
2021.05.11