[Haskell-cafe] Why Haskell?

Christian Charukiewicz charukiewicz at protonmail.com
Mon Mar 29 15:57:12 UTC 2021

Hi Clinton,

I've been using Haskell (as well as Elm) in production for several years now, and have found that the language is very conducive to writing reliable and maintainable software while also fostering developer productivity.

Earlier this year, I wrote an article titled Why Haskell is our first choice for building production software systems: https://www.foxhound.systems/blog/why-haskell-for-production/. The article is written at someone like a software development manager, who knows how to program but doesn't necessarily know anything about Haskell. You may find that showing this article to your manager may help capture why you're raving about Haskell.

If you're interested, I also wrote an experience report about using Elm in production back in 2017, available here: https://charukiewi.cz/posts/elm/

Let me know if you have any questions. Always happy to help someone in your situation, since I think Haskell is a great language and many organizations can benefit from its strengths.

Best,
Christian