[Haskell-cafe] Why Haskell?

Antonio Regidor Garcia chikitosan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 11:34:05 UTC 2021

The STM is stateful (mutable state, thus impure) but it only changes the RAM, contrary to IO, that can change from the screen to missile launchers (so potentially much harmful). So the STM is deliberately separated from IO and similar monads. That's the point of using it. I don't have much experience combining it with non-IO monads, though.