[Haskell-cafe] Property checks and PostgreSQL?

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Sat Mar 13 21:42:18 UTC 2021

> On Mar 13, 2021, at 9:39 AM, Ignat Insarov <kindaro at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> er thing I heard being done is to selectively drop and re-create exactly
> the tables affected by a run of a property check. This seems challenging to
> automate though. How can I know in a general way if a table has been touched?
> And then, how can I re-create exactly the affected tables given that the data
> base initialization code is an opaque blob?
>
> I wonder if this problem is already solved. In any case, any advice is welcome!

The template test database should be immutable during the tests.  Just
clone the template database, and run tests against the clone.  When done,
drop the clone.

   https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/manage-ag-templatedbs.html
   https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/manage-ag-dropdb.html

   https://www.postgresqltutorial.com/postgresql-copy-database/