[Haskell-cafe] Announcing `passveil` 0.0.1.0

raichoo raichoo at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 8 12:51:11 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

My company antei (https://antei.de) has developed a password manager for
our internal usage and we have decided to open source it. We drew a lot of
inspiration from the well established `password-store`.

It's build in Haskell and uses `darcs` for versioning the password store. We
have chosen `darcs` because of its powerful merging capabilities which
turned
out to be useful for our use case.

Apart from that, we have implemented a trust system, that can be used to
transfer knowledge of a password to other people having access to the
store, so
we do not have to rely on transmitting sensitive data via insecure channels
(https://sysadminotaur.devolutions.net/30-vault).

Please note that `passveil` is in an early state and has only been tested
and
used internally. We strongly believe in open source and making our tools
available to others and  are constantly working on improving our code and
want
share our progress with everyone.

Check out: https://passveil.antei.de for more information.

Kind regards,