[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] ttc-1.0.0.0 - Textual Type Classes

Travis Cardwell travis.cardwell at extrema.is
Thu Jun 3 10:21:30 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 6:44 PM MigMit wrote:
> Agreed. I like to use DefaultSignatures like this:
<SNIP>
> Then all the user needs to do is to say
>
> instance Parse Double
>
> and it would automagically use the provided implementation.

This looks like a great compromise, allowing developers to utilize the
default implementation for a specific type with very little code.  A
prominent warning against doing so in shared libraries would still be
needed, of course.  I look forward to experimenting with this design
soon!

Thank you very much for the suggestion!  Also, thank you for the
example code, as this pattern is new to me.

Best regards,

Travis