[Haskell-cafe] How to do reversible parsing?

Michal J Gajda mgajda at mimuw.edu.pl
Sun Jan 3 13:15:38 UTC 2021

Hi Askar,

> Hi. How to do deterministic reversible parsing in Haskell? Please, point me to some libs or tools.
> Or give some advice on how to write such lib or tool. (Also, I am interested in solutions for C or C++.)
>
> Now let me explain my task in detail.

I liked the bidirectional applicatives and monads described in here:

1. Composing bidirectional programs monadically (with appendices) -
Li-yao Xia, Dominic Orchard, Meng Wang
https://arxiv.org/abs/1902.06950

You can use it for both bidirectional parsing/pretty pretting and type
inference/type checking.

2. BiGuL is a bit more complicated:
https://bitbucket.org/prl_tokyo/bigul/src/master/
--