[Haskell-cafe] Desktop GUI in Haskell

jack at jackkelly.name jack at jackkelly.name
Sun Feb 28 09:09:54 UTC 2021

February 28, 2021 6:15 PM, coot at coot.me wrote:

> In particular you can install pkg-config with `choco install pgkconfiglite` using chocolatey
> package manager.

I believe chocolatey can also install msys, and has support for telling cabal-install about it.

If you haven't installed anything with chocolatey before, `choco install haskell-dev` should get you a GHC and MSYS, which should get you `pkg-config`.

If you've installed cabal before msys, you will need to force a reinstall (so that it detects msys and configures itself accordingly). After installing msys (either directly or via `choco install haskell-dev`), run `choco install cabal -y --reinstall`.

HTH,

-- Jack