[Haskell-cafe] Problem with stack

Olaf Klinke olf at aatal-apotheke.de
Thu Feb 25 14:56:40 UTC 2021

> Are you building on a networked filesystem?
>
> Here's a somewhat similar report where switching to a completely local
> filesystem has resolved the issue.

Speaking of which, is there a specification about what filesystem
features stack and its sub-tools expect? I can not build stack projects
on a remote cifs share, but on the local filesystem it works fine. The
error is

Encountered error while migrating Stack database:
    SQLite3 returned ErrorBusy while attempting to perform step:
database is locked
Please report this on https://github.com/commercialhaskell/stack/issues

I suspect that things like symlinks are expected to work, which samba
does not support despite the target drive being ext4.

Olaf