[Haskell-cafe] Global Package Install

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Fri Feb 19 21:54:35 UTC 2021

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 18.02.2021, 19:52 +0000 schrieb Richard Eisenberg:
> As someone who usually works on individual scraps of Haskell (not
> projects), I frequently wish to do the same and have struggled with
> both cabal and stack in getting what I want.
>
> Happily, there is a nicely working alternative to both: cabal-env
> from https://github.com/phadej/cabal-extras works great. I use it
> regularly. It does what you want.

I couldn't find a README, hard to see what it does exactly. Is it just
more convenience around the idiom of using

   cabal install --env . --lib ghc-heap-view

to get a .ghc.environment file in the local directory (which is, as
long as you use ghc or ghci in that directory, as good as the good old
cabal v1-install, it seems)?

Cheers,
Joachim

--