[Haskell-cafe] Global Package Install

A. Mc. 47dragonfyre at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 08:22:52 UTC 2021

Hello,

I am trying to add the package System.Random to be able to run it the same
way Data.List or Data.Char, et cetera does in ghci and in doing a ghc
command line build.  I've tried using $ stack ghci --package random which I
have to run every single time I want to load a module that imports anything
from System.Random and I've already tried $ cabal install --lib random
which only works with cabal, and I've used the command $ stack install
random, which says 'cache populated' but if a restart and load a dependent
module, still is not working for me.  I've also tried to update the .yaml
file by putting System.Random into the brackets is the sr directory, but
this I'm guessing isn't what you're supposed to do as it doesn't work
either. I'm using Cygwin on a Windows 10 operating system.  Your assistance
in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.