[Haskell-cafe] Why not some subclass of Floating to model NaNs as some handleable bottom?

YueCompl compl.yue at icloud.com
Fri Aug 6 14:21:51 UTC 2021

Thanks Olaf,

Metaphors to other constructs are quite inspiring to me, though I don't have sufficient theoretical background to fully understand them atm.

Am I understanding it right, that you mean `0/0` is hopeful to get ratified as "a special Float value corresponding to one non-proper Dedekind-cuts", but `NaN` as with IEEE semantics is so broken that it can only live outlaw, even Haskell the language shall decide to bless it?