[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] Cabal-3.6.0.0

Emily Pillmore emilypi at cohomolo.gy
Thu Aug 5 21:27:12 UTC 2021

Hello All,

The Cabal team is excited to announce the release of Cabal-3.6.0.0!

This is the fourth release of the 3.0 release series, and highlights include support for GHC 9.2, as well as many new code quality improvements + organization work on the repo itself.

For future plans, we've announced a State of the Cabal post which describes where we want to take the library and executable over the next year or two here: https://discourse.haskell.org/t/state-of-the-cabal-q1-q2-2021/2548.

If you'd like to get involved, feel free to contact anyone from the maintainer team directly, or drop by #hackage on libera.chat ( http://libera.chat/ ) to speak with us. Additionally, as we continue to modernize Cabal, I'd like to highlight and show appreciation for all of the help we've gotten from the community, including the developer hours coming from Well-Typed, Haskell Foundation/Haskell.org ( http://foundation/Haskell.org ) , Obsidian Systems, and the Haskell Language Server folks. I'm glad we could work together!

For a full set of release notes, see https://github.com/haskell/cabal/blob/master/release-notes/Cabal-3.6.0.0.md. If you have issues, we'd love to hear about there here: https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues.

Happy hacking!

Emily