[Haskell-cafe] Safe Haskell?

Tom Ellis tom-lists-haskell-cafe-2017 at jaguarpaw.co.uk
Mon Apr 26 18:01:02 UTC 2021

On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 05:50:37PM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> I just disagree with the idea that making syscall-level sandboxes has a
> better ROI than making language checkers.

I'm curious whether there's anyone in this thread who takes a
different point of view, in absolute terms.

The point of contention for me (and I would guess for others too) is
whether meagre resources at our disposal should be put towards
SafeHaskell and other Haskell-based language checkers, or we should
just use what the (comparatively) large and experienced Linux, *BSD,
etc.. developers are already providing and many users are already
using for hardening efforts.

Tom