[Haskell-cafe] Smooth developer experience with Cloud IDE for modern Haskell now

YueCompl compl.yue at icloud.com
Thu Apr 22 09:19:44 UTC 2021

Dear Cafe,

I'd like to share that I find that, we can have rather smooth developer experience for Haskell, on cloud, now.

Gitpod (https://gitpod.io <https://gitpod.io/>) recently supported VSCode in addition to Eclipse Theia, making the UX much more smoother, with proper Gitpod workspace setup, now it's much easier for Haskell beginners, as well as chromeOS and Windows users to painlessly onboard modern Haskell.

Github codespaces (https://github.com/features/codespaces <https://github.com/features/codespaces>) is up coming too, there sure will be industry strength cloud infrastructures for serious Haskell development soon.

And the setup can be fully automated, a full fledged Cloud IDE for modern Haskell development, is only a click away, see my demo:

https://github.com/complyue/GHCiCode#readme <https://github.com/complyue/GHCiCode#readme>

I also expect more beginner-friendly tutorials can be written this way, especially for Windows users, they'll be able to touch & feel the mass without going through painful setup procedures.

Sincerely,
Compl