[Haskell-cafe] Readable Haskell

Misja Alma misja.alma at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 17:07:38 UTC 2020

>> For naming, I follow Chris Done's suggestion:
https://chrisdone.com/posts/german-naming-convention/

Thanks! I didn't know it had this funny name, but the German name
convention is also widely used in the Java world.
But I wonder how well it works in Haskell, because unlike Java, in Haskell
a lot of stuff can happen in a single line. With those long variable names,
you'd have to
break those lines several times. I haven't tried it yet, but I wonder how
readable that is in Haskell?

Or am I looking at the wrong problem here, and should I first of all try to
have as little happening in a single line of Haskell as possible?