[Haskell-cafe] ANN: stack-2.5.1

Gleb Popov 6yearold at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 18:37:07 UTC 2020

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 8:35 PM Emanuel Borsboom <eborsboom at fpcomplete.com>
wrote:

>  See https://haskellstack.org/ for installation and upgrade instructions.
>
> **Changes since v2.3.3**
>
> Major changes:
> * Add the `snapshot-location-base` yaml configuration option, which allows
>   override the default location of snapshot configuration files. This
> option
>   affects how snapshot synonyms (LTS/Nightly) are expanded to URLs by the
>   `pantry` library.
> * `docker-network` configuration key added to override docker `--net` arg
>
> Behavior changes:
>
> * File watching now takes into account specified targets, old behavior
> could
>   be restored using the new flag `--watch-all`
>   [#5310](https://github.com/commercialhaskell/stack/issues/5310)
>
> Other enhancements:
>
> * `stack ls dependencies json` now includes fields `sha256` and `size` for
>   dependencies of `type` `archive` in `location`.
>   [#5280](https://github.com/commercialhaskell/stack/issues/5280)
> * Build failures now show a hint to scroll up to the corresponding section
>   [#5279](https://github.com/commercialhaskell/stack/issues/5279)
> * Customisable output styles (see `stack --help` and the `--stack-colors`
>   option, and `stack ls stack-colors --help`) now include `info`, `debug`,
>   `other-level`, `secondary` and `highlight`, used with verbose output.
>
> Bug fixes:
>
> * Fix `stack test --coverage` when using Cabal 3
> * `stack new` now generates PascalCase'd module name correctly.
>   [#5376](https://github.com/commercialhaskell/stack/issues/5376)
> * Connection issues to Casa server no longer cause builds to failure. Casa
> acts
>   only as an optimizing cache layer, not a critical piece of
> infrastructure.
> * Fix modified time busting caches by always calculating sha256 digest
> during
>   the build process.
>   [#5125](https://github.com/commercialhaskell/stack/issues/5125)
>
> **Thanks to all our contributors for this release:**
>
> * Andrea Condoluci
> * Andreas Herrmann
> * Andres Schmois
> * Ariel D. Moya Sequeira
> * Brandon Chinn
> * Cheah Jer Fei
> * DerpyCrabs
> * Emanuel Borsboom
> * Felix Yan
> * Jannik Theiß
> * Jens Petersen
> * Junji Hashimoto
> * Kirill Zaborsky
> * Michael Snoyman
> * Mihai Maruseac
> * Mike Pilgrem
> * Niklas Hambüchen
> * Ondřej Slámečka
> * Piper McCorkle
> * Thomas Lopatic
> * tomjaguarpaw

Doesn't compile for me GHC 8.10.2 when building using cabal:

Building library for casa-types-0.0.1..
[1 of 2] Compiling Casa.Types       ( src/Casa/Types.hs,
dist/build/Casa/Types.o, dist/build/Casa/Types.dyn_o )

src/Casa/Types.hs:52:14: error:
    * Couldn't match expected type `Either String ByteString'
                  with actual type `(ByteString, ByteString)'
    * In the pattern: (result, wrong)
      In a case alternative:
          (result, wrong) | S.null wrong -> pure result
      In a stmt of a 'do' block:
        case Hex.decode (T.encodeUtf8 bytes) of
          (result, wrong) | S.null wrong -> pure result
          _ -> fail "Invalid hex key."

52 |              (result, wrong) | S.null wrong -> pure result
cabal: Failed to build casa-types-0.0.1 (which is required by
pantry-0.5.1.3).
See the build log above for details.