[Haskell-cafe] xmonad: eyes based navigation between monitors.

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Fri Nov 20 18:23:16 UTC 2020

Hello,

I'm using xmonad in a setup with 3 monitors and I'm curious if anybody
here got kind of eyes-based navigation working between monitors/workspaces.

Explanation: I need to type into windows on different monitors but in
not specific order. Sometime I got too deep into thinking that I forget
to switch workspace and then I type to different window in different
workspace than is intended (and which I see with eyes). Basically I'd
like some mode where xmonad will switch workspaces based on my eye/head
position so only workspace I follow with eyes will be active.

I see that such software (following head/eyes) already exist in AI
domain (E.g. NV's xavier NX developer kit demo: from 16:00:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUz1bNGm04w) but I'm more interested in
amd64/linux setup as this is for my workstation...

Any idea highly appreciated!

Thanks!
Karel