[Haskell-cafe] Redirecting hackage.haskell.org to HTTPS

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Sun Nov 15 16:18:24 UTC 2020

In addition to the redirect, and for the same reasons, enabling HSTS [1]
and submitting it to the HSTS preload list for browsers [2] may also make
sense. I don't think it should have any effect on agents that are visiting
the HTTP version of the site unless the agent somehow simultaneously
supports HSTS, has the preload list or has previously visited the site on
HTTPS, and can't cope a client-side URL rewrite from HTTP to HTTPS.

[1]
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Strict-Transport-Security
[2] https://hstspreload.org/

-bob