[Haskell-cafe] Strange error when cabal installing.

David Banas capn.freako at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 23:51:05 UTC 2020

After installing the *Haskell Platform* on my Windows 10 machine, I
attempted to cabal install something and got:

cabal.exe: The package has a './configure' script. If you are on Windows,
This
requires a Unix compatibility toolchain such as MinGW+MSYS or Cygwin. If you
are not on Windows, ensure that an 'sh' command is discoverable in your
path.

I've confirmed that the following line is in my cabal config file:

extra-prog-path: C:\Program Files\Haskell Platform\8.6.5\msys\usr\bin,
                 C:\Users\capnf\AppData\Roaming\cabal\bin

and that there *is* a *sh.exe* file in the "C:\Program Files\Haskell
Platform\8.6.5\msys\usr\bin" directory.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
-db