[Haskell-cafe] [ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.8.4 is now available

Francesco Ariis fa-ml at ariis.it
Sat Jul 18 13:30:58 UTC 2020

Il 18 luglio 2020 alle 12:50 Gregory Guthrie ha scritto:
> I don't see any windows binaries listed; are they there, elsewhere?

Not a Windows user, but if I recall correctly as today the way to install
Haskell on Windows is via Chocolatey:

    https://www.haskell.org/platform/windows.html

>  Lots of Linux (=0.7% desktop market share) versions, but Windows
> (=78%) only source?.

In the Haskell world the numbers are reversed [1]: Linux-based developers
lead the pack. There are comparatively few Windows-based devs and even
fewer willing to dedicate their free time to maintain the GHC for Windows
build.

[1] https://taylor.fausak.me/2019/11/16/haskell-survey-results/#s1q2