[Haskell-cafe] Do new versions of GHC work on older versions of macOS?

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 19:41:35 UTC 2020

They should work with a large range of amd64 compatible Mac OS X releases.
For example every recent release is configured to be able to use the older
/ mach flavored time system calls.

That’s said, please test them in your environment.  It’s super safe to
install multiple ghc flavors and versions in the same computer the. Just
change your path variables.  If you find issues please report them on the
ghc issues tracker and we can try to help you.