[Haskell-cafe] Issues requesting permission to publish packages

Victor Adossi vados+haskell-cafe at vadosware.io
Sun Jan 26 07:49:14 UTC 2020

Hi Haskell-Cafe,

I recently tried to upload a package to hackage and sent an email to
hackage-trustees at haskell.org to request to be added to the uploaders
group. Unfortunately my email was undelivered due to an SPF Failure --
here's what the error emailed to me looks like:

> <one-of-the-maintainers at personal-email.com> (expanded from
> <hackage-trustees at haskell.org>): host
>     host.personal-email.com[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] said: 550 5.7.23
>     <one-of-the-maintainers at personal-email.com>: Recipient address
> rejected: Message rejected due to:
>     SPF fail - not authorized. Please see
>     http://www.openspf.net/Why?s=mfrom;id=vados@vadosware.io;ip=<IP of
> haskell.org server>;r=<UNKNOWN>

It looks like the SPF settings on my domain forbid the bounce off of
hackage-trustees to the individual trustee that was picked. Two points:

- This seems like an unintended leaking of information (I have one of
the emails of the trustees, via the error message)

- How else can I request the ability to become a package uploader?

Thanks,
Victor