[Haskell-cafe] [ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.8.3 is now available

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Tue Feb 25 01:51:30 UTC 2020

Ben Gamari <ben at well-typed.com> writes:

>> --text follows this line--
>> <#part sign=pgpmime>
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> The GHC team is proud to announce the release of GHC 8.8.3. The source
>> distribution, binary distributions, and documentation are available at
>>
>>     https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/8.8.3
>>
>> Release notes are also available [1].
>>
> Unfortunately there has been a slight mix-up in the binary distributions
> associated with this release and I will need to do a re-spin. I have
> pulled down the binary distributions for the time being. They should be
> back in a few hours.
>
> Many apologies for the confusion!

The issues with the release artifacts have been sorted out. Note that
these are new artifacts built from
d0bab2e3419e49cdbb1201d4650572b57f33420c, which is the commit pointed to
by the ghc-8.8.3-release tag.

While we typically try hard to avoid changing artifacts after they are
announced, given how quickly this issue was caught we thought this was
the least bad option.

Again, my apologies for the confusion and thanks for the patience.

Cheers,

- Ben