[Haskell-cafe] [Ann] base16, base16-lens, base32, base32-lens

Emily Pillmore emilypi at cohomolo.gy
Tue Feb 18 05:51:02 UTC 2020

Hi Everyone, It's been a productive weekend. I'm pleased to announce the following packages:

* https://hackage.haskell.org/package/base16

* https://hackage.haskell.org/package/base16-lens

* https://hackage.haskell.org/package/base32

* https://hackage.haskell.org/package/base32-lens

These libraries are the conclusion of a small audit I've been doing of the existing base encoding implementations, focusing on performance and providing a common interface for both ByteString and Text values.

As always, these libraries have a pretty obvious optical interface, and that has been provided as well.

Cheers, and happy President's Day weekend!

- Emily Pillmore