[Haskell-cafe] ANN:: provenience-0.1.0.0

Olaf Klinke olf at aatal-apotheke.de
Tue Feb 4 15:33:59 UTC 2020

Dear Haskellers,

I just uploaded the first release of provenience to hackage [1].
The provenience package contains a monad transformer that lets you automatically track intermediate values and data dependencies in a computation. The philosophy behind it is that computation is done on one machine, while review of the algorithm is done by a third party. We make only minimal assumptions about the third party. Typically, we target static html as documentation format.

The resulting data flow graph can be exported as various document formats via Pandoc. If desired, a machine-readable representation of each node is recorded as well. At my company we use provenience to generate invoices paired with Excel files out of the same Haskell application.

The provenience Package will be presented at BOB conference [2] in Berlin end of this month.

Regards,
Olaf

[1] https://hackage.haskell.org/package/provenience-0.1.0.0
[2] https://bobkonf.de/2020/klinke.html