[Haskell-cafe] Error trying to build haskell-dbus on FreeBSD

Gleb Popov arrowd at freebsd.org
Sat Feb 1 08:26:32 UTC 2020

On Sat, Feb 1, 2020 at 5:31 AM Simon Jakobi via Haskell-Cafe <
haskell-cafe at haskell.org> wrote:

> Maybe. Though it seems to me that the pre-processor isn't missing, but
> it's doing the wrong thing…
>
> I'd suggest to open an issue at
> https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/issues – there should be people who
> can tell more exactly what's going wrong here.

Yep, the problem is with Clang's preprocessor. Running it manually results
in a bunch of

    warning: missing terminating ' character [-Winvalid-pp-token]

messages.

Stumbling upon a ' character makes cpp stop preprocessing current macro.
This is the case for IsValue instance, which contain typeOf' method.

Not sure if this should be reported to the package developer, GHC devs or
Clang devs.