[Haskell-cafe] Supporting The Haskell Foundation

Rebecca Skinner rebecca at rebeccaskinner.net
Wed Dec 23 16:00:28 UTC 2020

This has been an eventful year for many of us, and haskell.org is no

different. This year we've continued to support a significant part of

the Haskell community infrastructure- including haskell.org, Hackage,

Hoogle, and GHC build infrastructure. We're able to do this thanks to

the support of the Haskell community.

In addition to our ongoing work maintaining Haskell community

infrastructure, we once again participated in the Google Summer of

Code this year, supporting 12 projects. You can read more about the

projects here:

https://summer.haskell.org/news/2020-10-12-final-results.html

As many of you are likely aware, this year also saw some of our

community successfully launch a new initiative, the Haskell

Foundation. We are thrilled for the Haskell Foundation and

congratulate them on their successful launch.

Haskell.org is an independent organization, and while we welcome any

opportunities to collaborate with the Haskell Foundation, we will

continue to pursue our mission of managing and supporting Haskell

community infrastructure. If you would like to support Haskell.org in

our mission, you can donate via several method, including PayPay and

check:

https://www.haskell.org/donations/

Haskell.org can also accept donations through employers via Benevity

using the unique ID 475236502.

Haskell.org is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, so donations may be

tax-deductible in your jurisdiction.

Another way to help haskell.org is to serve on the committee. We have

three positions opening in 2021, and our call for nominations is open

through Jan 7th 2021. Please email the committee at

committee at haskell.org if you would like to nominate yourself or

someone else for a position.

We look forward to continuing this work with your support in 2021 as

well as exploring new projects to improve the Haskell community

infrastructure.

Best wishes, Rebecca Skinner on behalf of the haskell.org committee.