[Haskell-cafe] doctest-extract

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Sat Aug 22 10:40:43 UTC 2020

On Thu, 20 Aug 2020, Thomas DuBuisson wrote:

> Is there movement on doctest-extract?  I'd really like doctest with my v2 cabal projects.

I have solved the problem with letting the testsuite fail when a single
test fails. To this end I implemented a Writer Monad that counts the
failures and put this in the new package doctest-exitcode-stdio:

$ cabal install $(for pkg in doctest-extract-0.1 doctest-lib-0.1 doctest-exitcode-stdio-0.0 utility-ht-0.0.16 non-empty-0.3.3; do echo https://hackage.haskell.org/package/$pkg/candidate/$pkg.tar.gz; done)

I could also write an extractor for Cabal's 'detailed' test framework.