[Haskell-cafe] Off-topic: complexity of technology

Donn Cave donn at avvanta.com
Tue Apr 28 14:35:30 UTC 2020

>> That's where the analogy breaks down: some things in software are too
>> complicated for the casual user by necessity.

My theory is that it's inherent in the species.  When you've become
something of an expert in some technology, you will start to prefer
increased complexity.  It's more mentally engaging, it cements your
lead in expertise and thus your security in your position, it's just
more of everything good.  Operating systems, programming languages,
anything that's by nature complex at all.  Few will seriously complain,
and never anyone who matters.

	Donn