[Haskell-cafe] Questions: Using Hackage as a package maintainer?

Saurabh Nanda saurabhnanda at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 05:16:35 UTC 2020

Hi,

I seem to be struggling with Hackage [1], specifically package candidates.
Is this the right place to ask the following questions:

   - Does Hackage generate docs for package candidates? How long does it
   take. I have waited for 12+ hours and can't seem to find any docs.
   - If building docs fails, where is the error displayed? (especially for
   package candidates)
   - Do **warnings** affect this process? I see the following warning once
   I upload a package candidate:     'ghc-options: -main-is' is not portable.
   - Once I upload a package candidate, shouldn't it show-up on this page
   automatically - https://hackage.haskell.org/packages/candidates/ ? (my
   package is not showing-up here)
   - Is there a page which shows all the packages that have been uploaded
   by my Hackage user account?

[1]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/61463139/does-hackage-generate-haddocks-for-package-candidates

-- Saurabh.