[Haskell-cafe] how can we fix our license?

Ben Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Mon Apr 27 09:48:29 UTC 2020

Hi Daniel

thanks for your reply.

Am 27.04.20 um 11:28 schrieb Daniel Gröber:
> Note that while a higher cabal-version does mean the user has to build with
> a more recent Cabal that's usually fine since even recent Cabal release'
> support for older GHC versions goes quite a ways back. It does mean they
> have to upgrade their cabal-install though.

I have been working a few days on getting the package to build cleanly
with all ghc versions from 8.0 up to 8.10. During that time I have
played with cabal-version settings a lot and I found that 1.24 is be the
only one that allows clean (warning-free) builds for all supported ghc
versions. This is despite the fact that I am using cabal-install-3.2;
there is some magic going on that switches the cabal file parser back to
1.24 for ghc-8.0, no matter whether cabal-version specifies newer.

The following approach might work:

It seems hackage allows me to change the package description in a
revision. So I could make a revision that adds a line or two to the
package description to point out the difference between the license
displayed by hackage and the one intended.