[Haskell-cafe] When did it become so hard to install Haskell onWindows?

Richard O'Keefe raoknz at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 05:34:22 UTC 2020

I note that I have installed several Smalltalk systems under Windows
without once having to touch PowerShell.
I further note that I installed the latest version of R (4.0.0) for Windows:
Just the usual download/run/yes installer may change things/setup clicks.
No PowerShell.
I also installed the latest SageMath.  The first choice for that is a
VirtualBox image,
but a traditional installer is one click away.
Same thing.  Clickety-clickety and no PowerShell in sight.

I tried to like PowerShell.  I really did.  Got a bunch of books, read
'em, played with it.
You'd have to use it a LOT before it started making sense, and I had
other maddened
grizzly bears to stun.