[Haskell-cafe] Getting the profile results for GHC when running in Cabal.

Sean Parsons haskellcafe at futurenotfound.com
Sat Apr 25 10:17:51 UTC 2020

Hi there.

I've built a GHC with profiling enabled as guided by the wiki and that
works fine standalone. I found the option for specifying a certain GHC
to Cabal. But I'm a little baffled as to how to get the results of the
GHC profile when building a library with Cabal.

My goal is to try to get a baseline profile, then have a poke at the
innards of GHC and then see if whatever I've changed has made an
improvement to the build speed.

Does anyone have any idea what the best way to do that is?

Thanks,
Sean.