[Haskell-cafe] Problematic fixed "stack ghci" temporary script (parent) directory

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Sun Oct 6 06:36:19 UTC 2019

When I run "stack ghci", an attempt is made to create a temporary
directory named:

	/tmp/haskell-stack-ghci/<unique-subdir>

in which various temporary artefacts are stored.  The parent
directory is created with permissions (0777 & ~umask).

Security issues aside, this can't work reliably on a multi-user
system.  Does anyone know whether this is something peculiar
to my FreeBSD setup, or a systemic issue with "stack ghci"?

I don't see the same behaviour with "stack script", though
if I create a script to run in "/tmp", then ghc is, somewhat
unexpectely, executed with "-i/tmp/", which also has security
implications...

--
	Viktor.