[Haskell-cafe] may I politely ask for ...

Doaitse Swierstra doaitse at swierstra.net
Thu Nov 28 14:19:57 UTC 2019

May I politely indicate a problem with messages like the one below.

I am interested in Haskell in general and that is why I read Haskell-cafe; to keep an eye on new developments and what is going on.

Unfortunately too often I see messages announcing (new versions) of packages, of which I have no idea what the package actually does (for a package named “network" I probably can guess). May I ask everyone to include at least one sentence of description in such announcements e.g. for the package below:

 Description

Brittany is a Haskell source code formatter based on ghc-exactprint.
You can paste haskell code over here <https://hexagoxel.de/brittany/> to test how it gets formatted by brittany.

I find it annoying that I have to go to e.g. hackage just to see whether the message/package is interesting to me,

 Thanks in advance and keep the good work going,

 Doaitse Swierstra