[Haskell-cafe] Announce: Haskell Platform 8.6.5 (Gershom B) - clarification

Arian van Putten aeroboy94 at gmail.com
Tue May 21 16:53:59 UTC 2019

For some reason your mail seems to miss the rest of the thread so I have no
idea what had been said before do maybe I am repeating something that was
already said.

GHC doesn't produce statically linked binaries by default.  So they are
dynamically linked against libgmp, libc and libz, not statically.   The
issue you linked is about the fact that it would be best to replace libgmp
such that we can _allow_ static linking without licensing issues.  It does
not say we currently statically link. (You can reaffirm this by running ld
on a GHC produced binary)