[Haskell-cafe] How to dynamic plan in Haskell?

Albert Y. C. Lai trebla at vex.net
Mon May 20 18:23:14 UTC 2019

On 2019-05-18 3:03 a.m., Thomas DuBuisson wrote:
> As an aside: I feel certain I saw a beautiful solution presented as
> lecture notes and referencing a game show (around 2007).  Maybe it was
> in Hudak's book?

Perhaps Hutton's book, chapter 9 "the countdown problem". (The game show
is Countdown.)

"Given a sequence of numbers and a target number, attempt to construct
an expression whose value is the target, by combining one or more
numbers from the sequence using addition, subtraction, multiplication,
division and parentheses."