[Haskell-cafe] You're invited to the New York Haskell CoHack

Chris Smith cdsmith at gmail.com
Tue May 14 16:07:30 UTC 2019

Fellow Haskellers,

In cooperation with the New York Haskell User Group, I'm now organizing a
monthly co-hacking event for Haskell programmers in New York.  We are
meeting on June 1st, and the first Saturday of each month after that.
(However, to avoid the U.S. holiday weekend, we're meeting on June 29
instead of July 6.)

More details and RSVP form at
https://www.meetup.com/NY-Haskell/events/261245898/

This is an informal event where you can meet and collaborate with the rest
of the Haskell community in New York.  I am taking the format from the Atlanta
Haskathon <https://www.meetup.com/Atlambda-Haskathon/>, where it's worked
really well.  We'll have time for lightning talks, and then open hacking
time.  To stay focused on project work, we will ask everyone to state a
goal for the day, and check in on progress when we're wrapping up.  Your
choice of goal, though, is entirely up to you.  You can use the time to
collaborate on a project, get help learning Haskell or advice on using
libraries or tools, help others, or just work by yourself.  There will be
refreshments provided courtesy of the Microsoft Reactor space.