[Haskell-cafe] Fwd: [Fwd: linux version compatible with GHC 4.3 ?]

Artem Pelenitsyn a.pelenitsyn at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 22:58:36 UTC 2019

Hello Damien!

Here are a couple of points:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Damien Mattei <damien.mattei at univ-cotedazur.fr>
> Subject: linux version compatible with GHC 4.3 ?

Did you mean 8.4.3? All major modern Linux distributions are compatible
with this version. But you might run into installation issues, just like
with *any other piece of software*.

> does anyone know a linux distrib where haskell platform installs out of
> the box?

I see you were able to install GHC on CentOS 7.2, but not on Fedora Core
28. It happens. I can't really tell what might have gone wrong with your
installation on Fedora without additional details, such as: what did you
actually do for the installation. But it definitely should be possible to
install GHC on Fedora.

> does it works on Ubuntu?

Yes, I'm using Ubuntu with several different versions of GHC including
8.4.3. I use HVR's ppa for installation:
https://launchpad.net/~hvr/+archive/ubuntu/ghc

--
Best wishes,
Artem