[Haskell-cafe] [OT] thoughts about OO vs. functional "philosophy"

Richard O'Keefe raoknz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 02:23:05 UTC 2019

Serious question: does Python _have_ encapsulation?
I know about the single-underscore convention and
the double-underscore convention, but even double-
underscore attributes and methods can be accessed
freely from the outside if you use the class-name
prefix.  That is, it makes it difficult to breach
encapsulation by accident, but it doesn't take the
Lock-Picking Lawyer from YouTube to breach
encapsulation on purpose without breaking stride.