[Haskell-cafe] Intention to take over package "quipper"

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Thu Jun 27 21:19:03 UTC 2019

I am writing, as recommended at
https://wiki.haskell.org/Taking_over_a_package, to announce my
intention to take over the "quipper" package on Hackage.

I have contacted the author (miniBill, aka Leonardo Taglialegne) in
February 2019, and again this Tuesday, with no response.

I am one of the authors of Quipper, and the code in miniBill's
"quipper" package was actually written by me and my coauthors. Since
the package is both outdated and incomplete, and he is not maintaining
it, we would like to assume ownership of the package.

Thanks, -- Peter