[Haskell-cafe] conduit/pipes/streaming and prompt cleanup - using a decorator

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 00:50:38 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 1:30 PM Daniel Díaz <diaz.carrete at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried to tackle this problem in my "streaming-bracketed" library http://hackage.haskell.org/package/streaming-bracketed, by using a "decorator" that wraps regular streams, as opposed to having a resource-aware base monad.
>
> When lifting take-like functions to the decorator, new deallocation actions are inserted.

Oops, I didn't notice this response, sorry!

I did look at streaming-bracketed, but I think it doesn't apply in my
case, because the file lifespans are overlapping, not nested.  If I
understand correctly, that's the case where you need something like
resourcet, and brackets won't do.

In the end, I just gave 'take' a finalizer argument.  Not exactly
general purpose but it solved my problem.