[Haskell-cafe] Patents on Maybe and Tuple

Flavio Villanustre fvillanustre at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 03:16:35 UTC 2019

I'm no patent attorney either, but there is a temporal component when it
comes to invalidating patents due to prior art, and Haskell is demonstrably
"very prior" to these claims, even though it's not mentioned there.

Only something that appeared after the patent was filed initially would
potentially constitute infringement, as long as the claims made in the
patent weren't made public by the inventors themselves prior to the filing,
of course.

I guess, Haskell is safe and we live to see another day... :)

Flavio