[Haskell-cafe] Montreal Haskell

John Z. johnz at pleasantnightmare.com
Sun Jan 27 19:45:49 UTC 2019

> Thanks, John, for your response! Personally I'm looking for a culture with
> some interesting mathematical background, more than any particular language
> feature.

I figured ;-) That's what I'm looking for too, but its really, REALLY
hard to find a company that's trying to do something different.

> Would you be able to tell me some more about what goes on at Morgan Stanley?

They have state of the art trading engine/service. I am not sure how far
do they go with formal methods, when it comes to the design, but they
are very mindful of roperties of control and data structures they use to
model it. At the very least, that's the impression I've got during the
interview: they asked me to develop a small statistical algorithm, and
then asked to optimize it to hit at least O(log n).

They're also constantly looking for C++ and Java programmers, so you
could apply there, get employed, and then work to switch to their
Haskell team.

--
"That gum you like is going to come back in style."