[Haskell-cafe] Haskell.Org accepted for GSoC 2019

Jasper Van der Jeugt m at jaspervdj.be
Tue Feb 26 20:30:59 UTC 2019

Hi all,

We're very excited to announce that Haskell.Org has been accepted [1]
into the Google Summer of Code 2019 program [2].  We hope that, like
last year, it will lead to a whole range of improvements to the Haskell
ecosystem, and to new faces joining our community!

We would like to thank everyone who submitted ideas -- this is a key
part of being accepted into GSoC.  Now, here's the near term timeline:

- Today - March 25: Potential student participants discuss application
  ideas with mentors
- March 25 - April 9: Students can submit applications
- May 6: Accepted student proposals announced

At this point, we're looking for both students and extra mentors.  We
would like to assign at least two mentors to each project if possible,
so the students get the support they deserve.  Additional ideas for
projects are still welcome!

There's a lot of information on our Summer of Haskell page [3].  If
there are any students who are not sure where to begin, feel free to
reach out to us directly [4]!

[1]: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5556388114202624/
[2]: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/
[3]: https://summer.haskell.org/