[Haskell-cafe] Feedback on new warning for MINIMAL pragmas

Levent Erkok erkokl at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 01:23:52 UTC 2019

Dear Haskell enthusiasts:

I recently came across a scenario where GHC's output confused me regarding
MINIMAL pragmas, and filed a "feature request" for GHC:

   https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/210

Simon PJ asked me to turn it into a proposal to gather feedback:

   https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/210

Alas, it gathered no feedback so far, aside from Simon PJ and myself. It's
a very simple change and hopefully one that is also very easy to implement.
If you could take a moment to comment on the proposal (or better yet,
volunteer to implement it!), it would be much appreciated. I'm always very
pleasantly surprised on the thoughtfulness and the technical depth of the
comments this community provides, and it would be nice to make sure there
are no gotcha scenarios.

To keep the traffic on the haskell-cafe low, please comment directly on the
proposal itself.

Thanks,

-Levent.