[Haskell-cafe] [ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.8.2-rc1 is now available
ben at well-typed.com
Thu Dec 12 20:11:14 UTC 2019
The GHC team is proud to announce the first release candidate of GHC
8.8.2. The source distribution, binary distributions, and documentation
are available at
Release notes are also available .
This release fixes a handful of issues affecting 8.8.1:
- A bug (#17088) in the compacting garbage collector resulting in
segmentations faults under specific circumstances. Note that this may
affect user programs even if they did not explicitly request the
compacting GC (using the -c RTS flag) since GHC may fallback to
compacting collection during times of high memory pressure.
- A code generation bug (#17334) resulting in GHC panics has been
- A bug in the `process` library causing builds using `hsc2hs` to fail
non-deterministically on Windows has been fixed (Trac #17480)
- A typechecker bug (#12088) resulting in programs being unexpectedly
rejected has been fixed.
- A bug in the implementation of compact normal forms resulting in
segmentation faults in some uses (#17044) has been fixed.
- A bug causing GHC to incorrectly complain about incompatible LLVM
versions when using LLVM 7.0.1 has been fixed (#16990).
As always, if anything looks amiss do let us know.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 487 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Haskell-Cafe