[Haskell-cafe] "Deep" Coding Support in Haskell

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 15:15:44 UTC 2019

Part of your problem is that Arch deliberately hobbles its Haskell
ecosystem, favoring its maintainers over users, so if you install Haskell
and IntelliJ from AUR you need to make sure to build all Haskell projects
or IntelliJ plugins fully dynamic instead of the default static or they
will be broken (and this will cause problems later as upgrades can require
manually rebuilding any dependents). It's generally better to install
anything Haskell-related from scratch on Arch instead of relying on AUR.

On Fri, Dec 6, 2019 at 9:34 AM Dušan Kolář <kolar at fit.vut.cz> wrote:

> Dear Café,
>

> let me allow quite naive question, is there any library/tool/plugin
> supporting rapid application development in Haskell? I mean something that
> supports code completion, hints, help, code refactoring etc. Similar to
> Java support in e.g. Eclipse or IntelliJ IDEA.
>

> So far, I've found support for Vim, Eclipse. Nevertheless, my question
> goes farther - for implicit GUI editor/application development environment
> like Eclipse. Several years ago, I was able to run something in Eclipse,
> but not with good results. These days it seems dead (since 2015).
>

> Similarly, for IntelliJ IDEA - installed community version, downloaded
> Haskell plugin, tried to install additional plugins inside IntelliJ IDE,
> but after that no support for Haskell project (I'm on Arch linux, IDE from
> AUR, plugin install inside failed, downloaded it from
> https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/8258-intellij-haskell/versions and
> it worked, at least installation, other plugins installed inside IDE worked
> partially - some of them were disabled by GUI after error).
>

> I'm sorry if I'm asking natural question. I've not found any additional
> how-tos to make it work...
>

> Best regards,
>

> Dusan

brandon s allbery kf8nh